Our team is our most valuable asset - help us shape and grow our crown jewel!
Duolingo is looking for a recruiter to join the HR team and own full-cycle recruitment of senior level, technical positions from sourcing to closing. Duolingo is an innovative, fun company with top engineers, designers, marketers, linguists, and business people driven by a mission to provide free education to the world. We have over 100 people from 25 different countries, and expect to have 200 within the next two years. Help us grow so that we can achieve our mission!
- Partner with hiring managers to understand business needs, shape job descriptions and create customized recruitment plans for positions.
- Find and engage unique and/or passive candidates through creative sourcing techniques
- Create and successfully implement unique strategies to fill challenging positions.
- Develop relationships with multiple executive search firms--both locally and nationally.
- Evaluate and consistently improve external search firm performance.
- Help to improve and optimize the recruiting process and function.
- Communicate with hiring managers and the broader HR team on progress.
- Extensive full cycle recruiting experience
- Experience independently partnering with leadership on hiring initiatives
- Ability to effectively influence and drive toward results in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented and organizational skills
- Experience in compensation and general HR requirements as related to hiring
- Ability to work effectively in a highly team-based environment
- Experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment