Lead a team of data analysts and be the steward of our data-driven way of life.
Duolingo is the most popular language learning application in the world, with over 200 million users and hundreds of billions of data points. We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding elegant solutions. If this sounds like you, then come help us build the next-generation learning company! As the Head of Analytics, you will be responsible for building up a team of Data Analysts and directing the continuous improvement of our internal analytics products. You will ensure that product and business teams have the data, insights, and recommendations they need to make high-stakes decisions.
- Build and manage a team of Data Analysts
- Help guide the development of our internal analytics products
- Problem-solve with product and business teams through data analysis
- Ensure the quality of our tracking and data
- Help preserve our culture of fact-based decision making as we scale
- Grow and improve our analytics toolkit
- Experience hiring and managing Data Analysts
- 4+ years experience in product analytics or business intelligence at a tech company
- MS or PhD degree in a quantitative field (e.g.: statistics, economics, computer science)
- Expert-level skills in SQL, R, Python, and statistical methods to analyze behavioral data
- Experience working with very large data sets (e.g.: ETLs, Redshift, Hadoop)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- PhD degree in a quantitative field, as listed above
- Gaming industry experience (e.g., balancing in-app economies for mobile games, improving subscription conversion and/or churn rates)
- Experience with “big data” technologies like Redshift, Hadoop, Hive, BigQuery
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets
- Experience articulating business questions, and using available data to find answers that translate into business recommendations
- Demonstrated self-direction, with a desire both to learn new techniques and teach others
- Programming experience in Python, Java, or Scala a plus
Duolingo is an innovative, fun company driven by a mission to provide free education to the world.