Develop the next generation technology for English assessment.
The Duolingo English Test, is an online language assessment accessible on demand, anywhere in the world, from your personal computer. It’s an innovative and convenient way for students, job candidates, and others to prove their English proficiency. The Duolingo English Test team is looking for engineers who bring knowledge and fresh ideas from all areas in computer science, including natural language processing, machine learning, large-scale systems design, and web development. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to innovate.
As a software engineer on the Duolingo English Test team, you will work directly with research scientists, machine learning experts, and our sales team.
- Collaborate on software projects with other engineers and/or designers, machine learning experts, etc.
- Develop, release, and maintain software code to improve the Duolingo English Test.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- A solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Demonstrable experience programming for the web or backend.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- 5 years of experience programming for backend (Python)