Lead the Duolingo English Test outreach, engagement, and growth strategy with international high school counselors.
You will be promoting the use of our English proficiency test as an alternative to the TOEFL and IELTS for international students applying to English-speaking universities. You will help us connect with international high school counselors, and manage social media with a clear focus on building relationships with the counselor community.
- Create engaging and relevant content across multiple social media channels and via email, to grow audience and increase engagement.
- Plan and execute awareness and engagement events, including webinars, meetups, and other activities with counselors.
- Conduct ongoing analysis and reporting of social media performance data.
- Help plan and execute strategic plans to educate, support, and retain international high school counselors around the world.
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years experience with international higher ed admissions or international secondary school college counseling.
- Experience planning, managing and executing events.
- Team player, with the ability to build internal networks to accomplish goals through collaboration across multiple teams.
- Comfortable with presenting to diverse audiences, in both small or large groups.
- Proficient computer skills (CRM Software, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Project management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Ability to make frequent trips to Duolingo HQ in Pittsburgh, PA.
EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in digital marketing, social media, and/or events marketing at an educational organization or institution.
- Member of relevant professional organizations like International ACAC, NAFSA, CIS, or others.
- Existing contacts within the counselor community to help facilitate acceptance of the Duolingo English Test
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach and analytical skills.
- Creative written and oral communication skills.