Dubsmash is the global internet phenomenon that lets you be the internet. By adding a famous movie, television, and internet quotes to your camera, you can create fun, memorable, meaningful videos to share with the world.
With over 200 million installs, 6 billion videos, tens of thousands of daily downloads across 192 countries–including Jimmy Fallon, Rihanna (RIHANNA!), Cara Delevingne, and an unmanageable backlog of A-list celebrities creating dubs and showing the world who they are.
Dubsmash is redefining the relationship between people and the content they love. Oh, and it’s addictive as hell.
At Dubsmash we are searching for a passionate Senior Backend Engineer to join our team. We iterate fast, work hard, make pragmatic decisions and find new ways to solve complex high scale problems every day.
What does a Senior Backend Engineer do at Dubsmash?
- Work on Dubsmash including the underlying platform which is used by millions of users daily with Python, Node.js, AWS and other state-of-the-art technologies
- Evaluate and implement new technologies that bring us closer to our goal of owning the Quotable Internet
- Coordinate with all teams and product owners on changes that drive the platform forward
- Scale and lead a backend team to success
- Take responsibility for your code throughout the entire development & deployment cycle and be eager to explore new technologies while maintaining operational responsibility
Check out our tech stack here
What do I need to have a great time at Dubsmash?
- A problem-solver mindset and taking ownership of your work
- 3+ years of development experience using modern cloud-technologies in a high-traffic, production-grade environment
- 1+ years of development experience using Python in a production-grade environment
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive experience working with AWS & GCP services and the ability to clearly identify both possible use-cases as well as potential fits
- Experience with modeling data and working with current database technologies including (but not limited to!) Postgres, DynamoDB and BigQuery
- Experience working in a high-volume, micro-service-oriented architecture that processes tens of thousands of requests per minute
- Previous experience in a startup
What to expect:
Our headquarters is located in Manhattan, NY. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock options
- Relocation package
- Full healthcare package
- A great work environment, a cool office, working with some of the best engineers in town!