Dubsmash inspires creators to discover their character by offering fun & easy products that bring joy to the world. We believe our community are the entertainers of tomorrow & we build impactfully to unlock their potential. As ground zero for the biggest viral dance challenges, Dubsmash is both an essential part of many creators toolkits, and an indispensable platform for music artists looking to increase exposure. We’re funded by top tier investors like General Catalyst & Index Ventures.
To see what Dubsmash is up to now, hit up our Instagram
Check out our tech stack here
.What do we look for in our Senior Android Engineer?
Android Engineers are a critical part of our product team. We are looking for someone with the mind of an engineer and the soul of a product manager. You will take full ownership of our code base, make architectural decisions, build readable, maintainable code quickly, and also be responsible for leading and scaling a kick-ass Android team. You lead by example, are hands-on, and collaborate as an active member of a cross-functional team. Help us build the next-generation of our product which is used by millions of users daily.
What do I need to have a great time at Dubsmash?
- A problem-solver mindset and taking ownership of your work
- 3+ years building Android apps using Java
- Previous experience using Kotlin in a production setting is a nice to have
- Extensive knowledge of Networking, HTTP best-practices and Web-API-interaction using Retrofit or something similar
- Extensive experience in using best-practice frameworks like Dagger, Butterknife, RxJava/RxAndroid and others
- Experience in writing & testing extensible code in a collaborative way in big projects
- Up-to-date on the latest trends in mobile development
What to expect:
Our headquarters is located in Manhattan, NY. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock options
- Leadership, growth opportunities abound.
- Relocation package
- Full healthcare package