Dubsmash is the global internet phenomenon that lets you be the internet. By adding a famous movie, television, and internet quotes to your camera, you can create fun, memorable, meaningful videos to share with the world.
With over 200 million installs, 6 billion videos, tens of thousands of daily downloads across 192 countries–including Jimmy Fallon, Rihanna (RIHANNA!), Cara Delevingne, and an unmanageable backlog of A-list celebrities creating dubs and showing the world who they are.
Dubsmash is redefining the relationship between people and the content they love. Oh, and it’s addictive as hell.
At Dubsmash we are searching for a passionate Senior React.js Engineer to join our team. We iterate fast, work hard, make pragmatic decisions and find new ways to solve complex high scale problems every day.
What does a Senior React.js Engineer do at Dubsmash?
- Work on Dubsmash and help us build our web app to be used by millions of users daily with React, TypeScript and other state-of-the-art technologies
- Help define our web strategy
- Collaborate with engineers, designers and product managers as an active member of a cross-functional team
- Scale and lead a web team to success
- Take responsibility for your code throughout the entire development cycle and be eager to explore new technologies
Check out our tech stack here
What do we look for in a Senior React.js Engineer?
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, math, physics or other quantitative subjects
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Gained a good grasp of CSS, including concepts like separation of content and presentation, specificity, and how to structure styles for large, modular applications.
- Have had experience with CSS processors like Sass and Less.js, and understand their benefits for writing maintainable styles.
- Have designed an API utilizing HTTP for a RESTful web service.
- Have worked directly with databases and learned how to maintain separation of concerns between the way data is stored and the way it’s displayed.
- Have implemented cross-browser UIs in HTML/CSS/JS and have made principled decisions about which browsers to support and why.
What to expect:
Our headquarters is located in Manhattan, NY. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock options
- Relocation package
- Full healthcare package
- A great work environment, a cool office, working with some of the best engineers in town!