We're seeking a quality-focused Senior Software Engineer who wants to learn about large systems and how hard problems related to scale are solved. We currently handle over 100 billion events per day and we're growing strong and need someone who can help us handle billions more. We're still pretty small on the engineering team, and everyone gets their hands dirty and makes a real impact.
Our engineering culture is focused on shipping scalable, practical systems. We avoid ivory-tower architecture, preferring to ship quality code and iterate. We work in small, agile teams that can work on any part of the system.
In addition to gaining deep experience with developing systems at scale, you'll work with a world-class data science team (winners of multiple KDD Best Paper and other awards) that keeps us on the cutting edge of machine learning research. You'll gain direct exposure to the ins and outs of the rapidly growing and evolving adtech industry.
We place a high value on maintaining a good work-life balance, avoiding grinds and focusing on getting things done rather than putting in long hours. A bunch of us play ultimate frisbee or soccer on Fridays, and we have regular dev seminars and lunch-and-learns to talk tech and learn from each other.
Required Technical skills
- Professional full-stack development experience.
- 4+ Years of workplace experience in Java.
- Experience with relational databases, writing SQL.
- Knowledge of building and consuming RESTful services.
- Write high-quality code using modern best practices.
- You’ve designed systems before and had to monitor them.
One or more of the following is considered a huge plus:
- Previous adtech or martech industry experience.
- You’ve worked with: Kafka, Cassandra, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, or similar technologies.
- Experience developing ETL pipelines.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning, Distributed Systems or Big Data.
- Exposure to CI / CD (with either Docker, Kubernetes, Salt or Jenkins)