We’re a close knit team of dedicated and driven system administrators working to deliver services at scale. We maintain thousands of hosts serving over 100B requests daily while also ensuring our fellow Dstillers have the tools and support they need to succeed. We work as a team to calmly resolve issues, teach each other, and grow together. We’re seeking a team focused IT Administrator who embodies the culture of curiosity, selflessness, and love of technology that guides us every day.
The IT Administrator is responsible for direct end-user support to employees requesting assistance with technology and services, as well as interfacing with service providers, vendors, and management to resolve issues as they arise. Additionally, he or she must provide general MacOS, Windows, and smartphone support to our employees, including basic assistance with computers, tablets and smartphones to resolve connectivity and functionality issues. Must embody the spirit of hospitality and possess good interpersonal skills.
- Helpdesk: Receive, track and respond to all incoming calls, emails, and informal requests regarding technical issues. Collaborate with the infrastructure team to ensure efficient delivery and operation of all technical services. Ensure that stakeholders of all reported issues are provided with regular and timely status updates for all open items.
- Office Hardware Support: Responsible for setting up and training on the use of all office technology including but not limited to printers, phones, laptops, wifi access points and conference room tech including flat screen TVs and connected devices; Mac Mini computers, Apple TV units, Google Chrome boxes and related AV equipment. Work with vendors to arrange for RMAs of broken hardware in office and data center.
- Documentation: Accurately and promptly document all support engagements using an internal ticketing system (JIRA). Responsible for handling of all employee Add/Change/Remove requests. Must maintain accurate floor layouts of employee seats data ports in use, and any additional equipment inventory.
- Inventory Management: Develop and maintain an inventory of all IT equipment and spares (monitors, keyboards, switches, etc.). Utilize proprietary asset tagging to ensure that all equipment is cataloged and properly assigned.
- Datacenter Support: Assist with basic tasks in our NJ datacenter such drive replacements and hardware break fix and RMA. Assist with testing and deploying applications into our production environment.
Required Skill sets:
- Previous helpdesk experience including supporting Windows, iOS, Android and Mac OS desktops, laptops, and mobile devices within a networked environment. Understanding of Google apps and experience supporting Gmail and other hosted email providers’ configuration, administration, and control panels.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Office for Mac, and Google Docs.
- Previous basic experience with IP phone system administration such as Move/Add/Change and IP phone reallocation.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network services and troubleshooting including, but not limited to: VPN, VLANs, DHCP, and DNS.
- Demonstrated proficiency with wired/wireless network troubleshooting and tools. Experience with Aruba devices and administration preferred.
- Some knowledge of Windows Active Directory concepts and administration, and MS GP accounting server is a plus.
- Experience working in a structured, process-driven environment with an attention to detail. Has strong time management skills with ability to self-manage project deadlines, support requirements, and meeting schedules without supervision.
- Ability to speak in front of groups in both formal and informal capacities. Strong interpersonal skills, welcoming and friendly personality.
- Cool under pressure with the ability to follow complex instructions.
- Travel to our NJ datacenter may be required occasionally.
- Previous formal customer service training and certification of any type is a plus.
- Experience with Linux, particularly CentOS or other Red Hat variants a plus.