ABOUT THE ROLE
The Event Marketing Manager plays a key role in the development and implementation of event marketing plans and strategies that will achieve current and long-range marketing and event objectives. The Event Marketing Manager will be responsible for all areas of the event marketing process, including strategic, creative, financial and tactical. The Manager reports to the VP of Marketing.
The Event Marketing Manager will oversee all event activity, responsible for managing events from research to conception to budget reconciliation to ROI tracking, and align them with marketing strategy and business goals. Duties will include the production and management of partner events, industry events, Customer and Prospect events, including webinars and other online events, as well as field event support.
- Responsible for the strategy and execution for corporate events, smaller special events and industry conferences.
- Collaborate as part of the event marketing team to find efficiencies, implement best practices, and support other event projects from across the function as assigned. Work cross functionally, define and execute on the program goals, messages, audience generation/email campaigns, speaker plan, collateral, event website and registration, and event logistics.
- Gather information (including industry trends, competitive intelligence and business goals) and make event marketing recommendations, incorporating program budget, potential effectiveness, event metrics, logistics, calendaring, etc.
- Design and facilitate internal events, including audio-visual production, collateral design, creation and procurement, logistics, budgeting, negotiation and client service.
- Define objectives and messaging for events.
- Manage logistical requirements for planning, staging, and shipping or tradeshow properties, products and supporting elements.
- Prepare ROI evaluation of events.
- Establish staffing requirements, obtain approvals and recruit employees to staff all trade shows and internal events.
- Research and evaluate potential guest speakers for events.
- Responsible for measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of events, including leads and other metrics.
- Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with outside vendors
- Managing operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently
- Travelling to on-site inspections and project managing events
- 3-5 years experience in events
- Project management experience
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel
- Experience with event/marketing technology platforms such as Salesforce, Pardot, Slash, etc. a plus
- Experience in advertising and marketing technology industries a plus
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills
- Oriented towards making an impact and producing results
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with collaborative working style
- Startup/entrepreneurial personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and proactive
- Self motivated and able to take initiative without needing a high level of supervision