We are looking for a talented individual to join our team as a Staff Accountant in our Finance department to assist with all day-to-day accounting activities. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for various daily activities to accurately record intercompany transactions, expenditures, assets, and liabilities of the company. The Staff Accountant also will have interaction with many different departments at Dstillery. In this role, your contributions will have a direct and immediate impact within the Finance department and within the Company.
- Manage Accounts Payable functions including coding of invoices, monitoring invoice workflow, reconciling statements from vendors, and ensuring that all payables are accurate.
- Manage Accounts Receivable function of applying Cash Receipts and monitoring Collections.
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities including but not limited to various journal entries and monthly reconciliations of various balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Thoroughly audit T&E expense reports to ensure internal policy compliance.
- Assist in preparing ad hoc reports for senior management.
- Reconciliation and coding of corporate credit cards.
- Coordinate and assist with requests from external auditors.
- Ensure procedures for intercompany transactions are followed and recorded properly.
- Suggest and implement process improvements for the growing business and provide insight to several departments.
- Assist in developing and implementing Sales & Use Tax compliance procedures.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA is highly preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in Accounting (Intercompany experience is preferred).
- Great Plains and Salesforce experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, SOX, and willingness to research and resolve accounting issues.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a variety of individuals in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in the use of spreadsheet programs and other software applications for financial analysis.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to various levels of an organization.
- High level of energy and the desire to work in a fast-changing working environment.