Drum is a revolutionary new gig economy platform that will improve the lives of millions. We are looking for a Head of Engineering to join our team. You will join a well-funded, ground-floor company led by individuals who also founded another tech unicorn. We have ambitious goals and an exciting roadmap that we can share in the interview process. If you are creative, talented, hard-working, and looking to make a difference, we are looking for you!
- We are looking for a Head of Engineering who has a strong background in early-stage, high-growth companies and is passionate about technology leadership, innovation, and rigor.
What You'll Do:
- Lead Drum’s engineering department including people management, recruiting and hiring, and platform innovation
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms for scale and business objectives
- Exemplify a customer-first approach to development
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Go-To-Market and Product to meet company goals
- Work with other departments on scoping internal or third-party tech solutions
- Ensure high technology standards and best practices are in place and followed
- Balance speed with quality as both are important to Drum’s mission and customers
What We Look For:
- Adaptability: Keep it flexible and iterate
- Intelligence: Enjoy the challenge of learning as you go
- Humility: Focus on what matters and leave the ego at the door
- Sense of humor: Have fun along the way!
- Leadership: Inspire others and earn their respect
What You Should Have:
- 10+ years of engineering experience including 5 years in a leadership role
- Mobile and web app experience
- Track record of scaling early-stage tech platforms
- Experience managing overseas teams
- Strong communication and team leadership
- Ability to problem-solve, think creatively, and iterate as needed
- As a startup, we value creativity and learning. We are trying to change the world together, which means that everything you work on has a direct impact.
- Great benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, a competitive salary, and excellent health coverage.
- A swanky WeWork office at the CODA innovation hub that includes weekly networking events, Wine Down Wednesday, kombucha and cold brew coffee on tap, and comfy collaboration spaces.
- To enable our best work, we provide lunch daily, top-of-the-line equipment, standing desks, and nourishing snacks and drinks.
- Monthly parking or Marta pass.
Drum is an equal opportunity employer. At Drum we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.