Drum is a revolutionary new gig economy platform that will improve the lives of millions. We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our team. You will join a well-funded, ground-floor company led by individuals who also founded another tech unicorn. We have ambitious goals and an exciting roadmap that we can share in the interview process. If you are creative, talented, hard-working, and looking to make a difference, we are looking for you!
- We’re on the lookout for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) who has extensive AWS experience to help us launch and scale our new platform!
What You'll Do:
- Run our Serverless AWS infrastructure with CloudFormation.
- Design, build, and maintain core infrastructure pieces to scale Drum for hundreds of thousands of concurrent users.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, software platform and framework development, capacity planning, and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Triage production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Partake in a PagerDuty rotation to respond to Drum availability incidents.
- Help plan the growth of Drum's infrastructure.
What We Look For:
- Adaptability: Keep it flexible and iterate
- Intelligence: Enjoy the challenge of learning as you go
- Humility: Focus on what matters and leave the ego at the door
- Sense of humor: Have fun along the way!
What You Should Have:
- Know your way around the Unix Shell and AWS CLI
- Extensive AWS experience with CloudPipeline, Lambda, Kinesis, API Gateway, CloudFormation, or similar technologies
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
- Solid monitoring skills, including log analysis and visualization using tools like ElasticSearch, Kibana, Splunk, and Honeycomb
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, and software design
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Willingness to collaborate and communicate asynchronously
- As a startup, we value creativity and learning. We are trying to change the world together, which means that everything you work on has a direct impact.
- Great benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, a competitive salary, and excellent health coverage.
- A swanky WeWork office at the CODA innovation hub that includes weekly networking events, Wine Down Wednesday, kombucha and cold brew coffee on tap, and comfy collaboration spaces.
- To enable our best work, we provide lunch daily, top-of-the-line equipment, standing desks, and nourishing snacks and drinks.
- Monthly parking or Marta pass and cell phone reimbursement.
Drum is an equal opportunity employer. At Drum we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.