Drum is a revolutionary new gig economy platform that will improve the lives of millions. We are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join our team. You will join a well-funded, ground-floor company led by individuals who also founded another tech unicorn. We have ambitious goals and an exciting roadmap that we can share in the interview process. If you are creative, talented, hard working, and looking to make a difference, we are looking for you!
- We are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer with a strong background in mobile app and responsive design. This person should have solid problem solving and prototyping skills. As a senior designer on a small, passionate team, you will take complete ownership of the products you work on.
What You'll Do:
- Create seamless, human-centered designs based on a user’s needs and business goals.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, both internal and external, to create new products from the ground up.
- Actively contribute to product strategy and work across different teams such as brand, marketing, and business strategy to create the best mobile-first experiences for our customers.
- Work directly with our product managers and engineers to ideate on concepts, deliver wireframes, mockups and prototypes for mobile apps and responsive layouts, including product specs and assets.
- Daily utilize your deep knowledge of grid systems, typography, composition, and layout with a firm grasp of information architecture and content strategy.
- Elegantly push the boundaries of the web and mobile app design.
What We Look For:
- Adaptability: Keep it flexible and iterate
- Intelligence: Enjoy the challenge of learning as you go
- Humility: Focus on what matters and leave the ego at the door
- Sense of humor: Have fun along the way!
What You Should Have:
- 5+ years of UX iOS/Android, web and mobile-first design experience producing engaging, intuitive, and effective design solutions using user-centric principles
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications, Fine Arts or related area
- Ability to use Sketch, Axure, Principle, Invision, or other similar tools to prototype and communicate new features
- Skills in interaction design methods such as wireframes, user flows, and prototyping
- Experience designing, not only the UI layout and flows, but the moments in between, such as transitions, animations, and subtle elements that create a living, lovable product.
- Deep experience with responsive design and an understanding of grid-based layouts.
- Experience managing projects, strong communication skills and ability to explain your work.
- Understand the nuances of web technologies across browsers and devices.
- Comfort iterating quickly and communicating ideas across various levels of fidelity.
- Strong foundation in visual design principles (typography, layout, color, etc.).
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, and current technology capabilities.
Why We’re Awesome:
- At Drum, we value design and the customer experience. We believe in building products customers not only use, but love.
- Great benefits, including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, competitive salary, and excellent health coverage.
- A swanky WeWork office at the CODA innovation hub that includes standing desks, top-of-the-line equipment, and all the snacks and drinks you could want, including your “signature” snack.
- Monthly parking or Marta pass and cell phone reimbursement
- As a startup, we value creativity and learning. We are trying to change the world together, which means that everything you work on has a direct impact.
Drum is an equal opportunity employer. At Drum we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.