Drum is a revolutionary new gig economy platform that is redefining the future of how companies sell their products and services. We are solving an interesting and challenging problem - connecting skilled sellers to businesses on-demand anywhere in the world.
The gig economy is already here in full force with more than 30% of the entire workforce engaged in it either part-time or full-time. However, the market is hugely under-served and lacks the technology and data infrastructure needed to efficiently match highly skilled people to the right opportunities that are available to them.
About the team and role
As one of our early product managers you will be a founding member of the product team and contribute to defining the culture of how we build products and attract talent for the journey ahead.
We are an experienced and diverse team that values being thoughtful about the craft of building products. We value delivering a best in class user experience while getting high-quality powerful products to market quickly in an agile fashion. We believe in listening to customers, moving fast, delivering product, making mistakes, adapting, celebrating wins and learning from mistakes.
We are looking for a self-driven and relentlessly resourceful Product Manager. You will join a well-funded company on the ground floor, led by the founders of Kabbage - a pioneer in the FinTech space. We have ambitious goals and an exciting roadmap that we can share in the interview process.
What You'll Do
- Define the long-term vision and own the roadmap for key product initiatives.
- Participate in shaping the product direction and strategy as it fits into the broader company mission and goals.
- Analyze data, customer insights, industry trends to make informed decisions and identify product enhancements and opportunities.
- Partner with our talented user experience, UI design, marketing, and engineering teams to execute on the vision and see it through to completion.
- Work with our engineering team to clarify requirements, develop user stories, build-out and groom backlogs, document progress toward milestones, and ensure scope and priorities are clear.
- Be an expert communicator with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Be an evangelist for our team’s mission and priorities! Help our customers and others in our organization understand the product’s vision.
- 3+ years of product management or product marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
- Drive to meet aggressive deadlines and goals
- Excellent organizational skills, follow-through, and ownership
- Strong analytical background with web analytics tools and A/B testing
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Bonus: Experience working on multi-sided marketplaces
- Bonus: Have built a product from the ground up to get to product-market fit
- Bonus: Experience working with overseas engineering teams
- Great benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, a competitive salary, and excellent health\dental coverage.
- A swanky WeWork office at the CODA innovation hub that includes weekly networking events, Wine Down Wednesday, kombucha and cold brew coffee on tap, and comfy collaboration spaces.
- To enable our best work, we provide lunch daily, top-of-the-line equipment, standing desks, and nourishing snacks and drinks.
- Monthly parking or Marta pass and cell phone reimbursement.
Things we value
- Big Dreams: Have ambitious and audacious goals
- Bias to Action: Think and act quickly while improving your rate of good decisions
- Adaptability: Keep it flexible and iterate
- Empathy: Have a deep understanding of how customers think and feel.
- Entrepreneurship: Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment under minimal guidance
- Humility: Focus on what matters and leave the ego at the door
- Organization: Gotta stay on top of many moving parts
- Sense of humor: Have fun along the way!
Drum is an equal opportunity employer. At Drum we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.