Clinical Laboratory Scientist
San Francisco, CA
Driver is a consumer technology company building a treatment access platform for cancer patients. Our team consists of 80+ radicals, including scientists, software engineers, data scientists, product managers, computational biologists and passionate entrepreneurs who ordinarily would never work in the same environment but all of whom share a common mission to give patients access to new treatments. Headquartered in San Francisco, Driver also has an office in New York City, and a cancer treatment and development center in China.
About the Role
Driver houses a CLIA and CAP accredited laboratory that utilizes cutting edge automation and next generation sequencing technology to provide immunohistochemical and molecular diagnostic test results. As a Clinical Lab Scientist, you will be involved in the complete lab process which touches everything from sample procurement to customer support to product operations. This role requires constant communication between the various departments working to improve quality of life for cancer patients worldwide.
- Perform high complexity laboratory tests, procedures and analyses according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures.
- Perform and review laboratory quality control procedures.
- Document corrective action taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Perform and document regular equipment maintenance, laboratory decontamination, and hazardous waste disposal.
- Maintain laboratory reagent and supply inventory, ordering as needed.
- Assess new technologies and platforms for possible introduction into the clinical laboratory.
- Must possess a valid California CLS or CGMBS license.
- Completion of a CLS, CGMBS or equivalent training program at an accredited institution and clinical laboratory work experience as a CLS, CGMBS or equivalent.
- Possess working knowledge of local, state and federal laboratory regulations.
- Must be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and work independently without constant supervision.
- Prefer Next Generation Sequencing, assay development, and/or automation experience, but not required.
- Competitive compensation package (salary + equity)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- Catered meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) daily and a kitchen stocked full of snacks
- 401(k) plan
- Company happy hours
- Generous, flexible vacation policy
- The opportunity to work for a company looking to change the world by improving the lives of cancer patients
Driver is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.