Infrastructure and Reliability Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Driver is a consumer technology company building a treatment access platform for cancer patients. Our team consists of 80+ radicals, including scientists, software engineers, data scientists, product managers, computational biologists and passionate entrepreneurs who ordinarily would never work in the same environment but all of whom share a common mission to give patients access to new treatments. Headquartered in San Francisco, Driver also has an office in New York City, and a cancer treatment and development center in China.
About the Position
Driver is seeking experienced engineers for our Infrastructure and Reliability Team. If you are a developer with cloud and systems engineering experience or systems engineers who are equally proficient writing effective code then we would like to invite you to meet our team.
- BS or MS in Computer Science and/or 5+ years of recent experience as a Site Reliability or DevOps Engineer
- Demonstrable experience building and maintaining service infrastructure (AliCloud, GCP, AWS or Azure)
- Understanding of Linux internals, performance tuning and general troubleshooting
- Strong development skills: Python, Golang, Ruby, Perl, Bash
- Hands on experience automating and deploying services using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure as code solutions (Terraform, CloudFormation, Salt)
- Understands the importance of version control in a collaborative environment, including branching, tagging, and merging (Git + Github)
- Understands setup, configuration, and alerting associated with an enterprise monitoring application (TICK stack, Grafana, Prometheus, VictorOps, Stackdriver, Cloudwatch)
- Strong communication skills with a collaborative and team building attitude
- Ability to triage priority issues effectively while maintaining task queue and team deadlines
- Root cause and failure analysis of issues escalated to SREs
- Identify and correct bottlenecks in Driver’s platform. Design and implement solution.
- Capacity planning
- Design, implement, and train your platform improvements
- Automate every repeatable task
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package (salary + equity)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- Catered meals
- 401(k) plan
- Company happy hours
- Generous, flexible vacation policy
- The opportunity to work for a company looking to change the world by improving the lives of cancer patients
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture. Driver is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.