Driver is a consumer technology company building a treatment access platform for cancer patients. Our team consists of 80+ radicals, including scientists, software engineers, data scientists, product managers, computational biologists and passionate entrepreneurs who ordinarily would never work in the same environment but all of whom share a common mission to give patients access to new treatments. Headquartered in San Francisco, Driver also has an office in New York City, and a cancer treatment and development center in China.
- Collaborate with a team of automation engineers in San Francisco laboratory to implement solutions and workflows to support the processing of next-generation sequencing assays in a clinical laboratory environment.
- Maintain of instruments that comprise the fully-automated system, which includes liquid handling robots, automated magnetic bead-based purification system, thermal cyclers and incubators, sealers/peelers, and other instruments.
- Troubleshoot minor hardware and software issues, and coordinate with appropriate manufacturer for repair and resolution of major issues.
- Write scripts to automate assays on liquid handling robots.
- Provide training and on-going support to users and members of the Shantou clinical laboratory.
- Analyze workflows, identify bottlenecks, and make suggestions for process improvements.
- Communicate and present data and results effectively.
- Provide timely and detailed progress updates to other members of the team in San Francisco and Shantou.
- Participate in analytical validation of assay methods and processes.
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, biological or chemical science, or an equivalent degree.
- Experience working with automated liquid handlers.
- Experience with at least some instruments (e.g. Thermo KingFisher, robotic arms, sealer/peelers, qPCR/thermal cyclers/incubators, etc.) common in automation systems.
- Ability to perform experiments and communicate results with development and clinical teams.
- Strong communication skills and documentation practices.
- A track record of successfully completing complex assignments and meeting goals within aggressive timelines
- Qualifications desired
- Experience with Hamilton Venus desired.
- Experience with standard molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid isolation, purification and quantitation, bioanalyzer, DNA/RNA quantitation, qPCR or next generation sequencing PCR.
- Experience with using Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
Driver is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.