Full Stack Architect
Engineering | Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Join Drishti to solve a 100-year-old problem in a $12 trillion market.
Deep learning-driven action recognition is the next frontier for AI. Build it with us.
Drishti’s mission is to “extend human potential in an increasingly automated world.” We’re driving true digital transformation in manufacturing by, for the first time since Henry Ford, making manual processes visible to factory analytics. We’re producing, collecting and analyzing massive amounts of data as we build manufacturing’s first and only solution for deep learning-driven action recognition.
About this role
Drishti’s enterprise architect is responsible for helping design and build Drishti's cloud and data infrastructure. He/she will be technically strong, even writing code, while providing technical guidance to the team, and have personally built/led the building of systems that have scaled.
We are looking for a Full Stack Architect to scale up and develop for part of our cloud platform which utilizes deep learning, big data processing, data science and virtualization to provide manufacturing intelligence to our customers. As a Full Stack Architect, you will be an integral member of our frontend team responsible for software architecture, design and development. Ability to communicate with teams and data scientists, finding bottlenecks and resolving them.
What you’ll be doing
As a software engineer, you will get exposure to all parts of the stack, from video streaming technology like H264, large scale data storage, searching metadata , optimizing the AI models for action recognition, visualization of actions detected by the neural network.
Drishti's Engineering Team builds and runs the software that handles gigabytes of video streaming data and analyses them to generate insights. We also build and run the internal tools that builds and runs our software.
The Engineering Team is split into two groups: one handles product development and the other handles operations. Product development covers both new features and functionality and scaling our existing software to meet the challenges of a massively growing customer base.
How this helps your career
Our system is a full stack AI and machine learning company. This role includes learning things in the following areas:
1. Video streaming and storage
2. Neural networks and deep learning
3. Networking and cloud deployment for cameras
4. Modeling the data for manufacturing use cases, which generates gigabytes of storage
5. Hybrid cloud-based system
6. Automated labeling systems for AI
7. Generating insights from the generated data
Your exposure to all of the above will provide you with a good systems understanding and make you a well-rounded and skilled engineer in the future.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a scientific or technical discipline.
- Ability to lead, design and implement large UX/UI components of the product.
- Ability to own the user experience for the customer, and work across the stack from database schema, designing APIs.
- Ability to own the development technology and platform, define development standards, tools, processes, etc.
- Ability to lead implementation of technical and infrastructure initiatives to support the architecture decisions.
- Ability to mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards, and refactor code for managing technical debt.
- Experience in noSQL and relational databases and designing and integrating RESTful APIs.
- Experience in Linux-based development environment and exposure to at least one cloud stack, e.g. GCP, Azure or AWS.
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Experience with event-driven and/or micro-services architectures
- Experience in vue.js/react.js
- Experience designing multi-tenant SaaS applications and Security
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and tools and scrum methodologies
- Experience in building prototypes in startup environment
Five reasons to work at Drishti
- Work with visionaries who can execute: Our leadership team is comprised of heavy hitters from the AI and deep learning world. Check out their patents and publications, and see how their histories intertwine with the biggest movements in the last 30 years of technology. And imagine being on a first name basis with them, solving hard technical problems side-by-side.
- Tackle a massive market challenge: Manufacturing is a $12T industry that still uses 100-year-old techniques to gather data on human tasks. Which means that people, who still perform nearly 75 percent of factory activities, are effectively invisible to analytics. This situation severely hinders the decision-making abilities of the world’s largest manufacturing brands. The demand for a solution couldn’t be larger.
- Do what you love – solve problems using tech: A problem of this magnitude requires the full force of technological solutions. You’ll take on neural network model accuracy, high-volume video transit and storage, Big Data analysis and much more. It’s the challenge – and the madness, and the fun – of building SAP on top of a YouTube on top of a Nest.
- Lead the charge from Bangalore: Drishti is based in Silicon Valley, and funded by top venture capital investors that include Andreessen Horowitz, Emergence Capital and BGV. But – and this is critical for you – Drishti is building its product out of Bangalore. From our CTO on down, Bangalore is the heart and soul of Drishti’s engineering. You’ll be at the center of the action.
- Get exposure to deep learning: Deep learning technology is fundamental to what we do, and select engineers at Drishti have the opportunity to rotate into our deep learning group, to work alongside some of the foremost experts in the field.