Join Drishti to solve a 100-year-old problem in a $12 trillion dollar market.
Deep learning-driven action recognition is the next frontier for AI. Build it with us.
Drishti’s mission is to “extend human potential in an increasingly automated world.” We’re driving true digital transformation in manufacturing by, for the first time since Henry Ford, making manual processes visible to factory analytics. We’re producing, collecting and analyzing massive amounts of data as we build manufacturing’s first and only solution for deep learning-driven action recognition.
About this role
A software development engineer at Drishti will make the connection between the data our systems create and the insights our customers need. You will work with the latest technologies and tools – including artificial intelligence, deep learning and computer vision – as you assist in the design, development, testing and support of all our internal and customer-facing systems. In this position, you must be familiar and comfortable with all aspects of the software design lifecycle, and both willing to engage in discussions at the highest level and immediately transition to executing with perfect attention to detail.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Solid computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design principles
- Proficient in at least one programming language: Python / C++ / Java
- Solid understanding of database fundamentals: indexing, sharding
- Master’s in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience building scalable REST APIs, microservice architectures
- Hands-on experience using databases in production (MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, etc)
- Experience with multi-threading, parallel programming
- Experience with large scale distributed systems (Hadoop, HBase, MapReduce, Spark, Storm)
- Experience with Cloud Platforms (GCP / AWS), Kubernetes, Docker
Five reasons to work at Drishti
- Work with visionaries who can execute: Our leadership team is comprised of heavy hitters from the AI and deep learning world. Check out their patents and publications, and see how their histories intertwine with the biggest movements in the last 30 years of technology. And imagine being on a first name basis with them, solving hard technical problems side-by-side.
- Tackle a massive market challenge: Manufacturing is a $12T industry that still uses 100-year-old techniques to gather data on human tasks. Which means that people, who still perform nearly 75 percent of factory activities, are effectively invisible to analytics. This situation severely hinders the decision-making abilities of the world’s largest manufacturing brands. The demand for a solution couldn’t be larger.
- Do what you love — solve problems using tech: A problem of this magnitude requires the full force of technological solutions. You’ll take on neural network model accuracy, high-volume video transit and storage, Big Data analysis and much more. It’s the challenge – and the madness, and the fun – of building an SAP on top of a YouTube on top of a Nest.
- Lead the charge from Bangalore: Drishti is based in Silicon Valley, and funded by top venture capital investors that include Andreessen Horowitz, Emergence Capital and BGV. But – and this is critical for you – Drishti is building its product out of Bangalore. From our CTO on down, Bangalore is the heart and soul of Drishti’s engineering. You’ll be at the center of the action.
- Get exposure to deep learning: Deep learning technology is fundamental to what we do, and select engineers at Drishti have the opportunity to rotate into our deep learning group, to work alongside some of the foremost experts in the field.