DramaFever is looking for highly-motivated freelance Mandarin Chinese to English subtitle translators who can localize mainland Chinese dramas for a non-Asian audience. The subtitle translator should be a talented bi-lingual individual who will be responsible for creating the highest-quality subtitles in the most efficient manner. The ideal candidate will have a nuanced understanding of the cultural and language differences between the two languages he/she is translating.
What you'll do
- Create translation captions from Mandarin Chinese to English from video and audio source (including but not limited to dramas, films, interviews and variety shows.
- Set start and end time code for captions to appear on screen.
- Fluency in both English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Ability to produce high quality translation under tight deadline. Translation must be concise and grammatically correct.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Have good communication skills.
- Tech savvy.
- Prior video translation and subtitle timing experience is a plus.
- Ability to commit at least 24 hours a week.
**To Be Considered
Please submit English translation of the following video clip
This is a contractor position.