Warner Bros. Digital Labs is seeking an experienced HR Director to oversee human resources for our teams in New York and Philadelphia. The ideal candidate is progressive, forward thinking business partner with a strong foundation in all HR disciplines as well as NY and Philadelphia labor laws. We are looking for a proactive, organized self-starter who can dig in and think big.
In this role, you will lead the recruiting efforts for technical, marketing, content, and other business roles by developing the core strategies to attract top talent. You will provide day to day oversight of employee relations, compensation, retention, training & development, onboarding, organization design, etc. and will be responsible for fostering a culture of employee engagement. As a member of the leadership team, you will develop and implement people solutions that will drive the achievement of business goals. The position supervises a HR Manager in Philadelphia.
What you'll do:
- Partner with leaders to identify company challenges and opportunities and makes recommendations to address issues and to achieve business goals. Monitor organizational health to promote a culture of employee engagement and empowerment.
- Develop and maintain best in class recruiting process and strategy. Will carry a small requisition load and will actively recruit candidates. Responsible for drafting job descriptions, screening candidates, conducting interviews, working with managers to craft search strategies. Develop and maintain a university recruiting program. Collaborate with Warner Bros. Talent Acquisition team as needed to ensure that there is transparency into the division's process/strategy and compliance with applicable laws.
- Manage multiple processes and programs to support organization culture, retention, learning and development, reward programs, and succession planning. Make recommendations for new programs to achieve business goals and address concerns.
- Manage and delegates work to direct reports. Provide leadership and coaching to encourage growth and development.
- Make recommendations for new hire and employee compensation and manages the annual review and bonus process. Perform market analysis as needed.
- Oversee the company’s performance management process (CHAT) to ensure ongoing performance conversations occur across the organization.
- In partnership with the VP, HR, Warner Bros. Legal and Warner Bros. Employee Relations address and investigate employee relations issues.
- Ensure that applicable policies and standards are implemented and followed across the organization.
Who you are:
- Creative, self-starter who is resourceful
- Detail orientated with organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to take ownership for department and held accountable for the work of your group
- Team player with a positive attitude and strong emotional intelligence
What you have:
- 8 years in human resources with increasing responsibility
- 4 years experience recruiting for technical roles
- Experience managing the HR function for a remote business unit
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Both start-up and large organization experience is desired
- Prior organizational development experience desired
Sponsored continuing education, career development within the community (speaking at and attending conferences and meetups), team-weeks to build relationships within the Android team and within the larger tech org, book clubs and programming challenges (in Java & Kotlin!), in-house yoga sessions, video games and regular company outings....check, check, check, check, check, check and definitely check. While we have enriching perks, we've got a greater purpose. Our mission is to put choice into the hands of consumers and change the way TV and Movies are delivered. We are creating a portfolio of next-generation video brands that will make people laugh, cry and jump for joy. We're doing it from the ground up, with bespoke technology and with a world-class team who are truly passionate about what we do. Oh, and it doesn't hurt that we've got brands that people love.