Who We Are
WB Digital Labs (subsidiary of Warner Bros.) is moving fast to develop the next generation of video-enabled entertainment brands. Formally the start-up, DramaFever, for years we have delighted audiences with our over-the-top streaming Korean Drama channel. Now, we are looking at nothing less than to shape the future of media by combining our cutting edge technology, design and marketing capabilities with the world’s most beloved and iconic brands (eg. Looney Tunes) to build a portfolio of next-generation multi-media entertainment services.
We're a group of 140 people building an experience for the shows and movies our customers love watching. With roughly 50 other engineers, you'll be responsible for creating a user experience enjoyed by millions. We believe in supporting people who want to take ownership of functionality and we stress communication as one of the most important parts of our job.
About Our Senior Android Developer Position
We're looking for Android engineers to join our team and help build the software that powers the user experience. We work on various Android apps on various form factors and release updates on the Google Play Store and Amazon App Store every few weeks.
- Develop new features in collaboration with our design and product teams.
- Work on bugs reported by users and other members of the team (or report some yourself) to help make sure that our user experience is world-class.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, ops engineers, QA engineers and more to bring a variety of backgrounds and experience levels to bear against a problem.
- Write unit tests and integration tests, to keep our software running smoothly
- Communicate clearly and effectively using Github, Slack and email so that we can all stay on the same page, even when we're juggling a lot of different projects.
- Oversee and mentor engineers on features and projects
Skills We Like
There's no one skill you must have to be able to do this job (besides being able to write software), but you should probably be able to check off a few of these:
- Experience building and shipping Android application(s)
- Solid understanding of the Android framework and its life cycles
- Understanding of core Android concepts such as layouts, views, fragments and activities
- Proficiency in Java and Object Oriented concepts
- Proficiency in Android Studio and Gradle
- Experience with Android networking libraries
- Experience building custom themes, styles and views
- Understanding of Android Unit Testing and Debugging tools
- Experience with REST APIs and JSON
- Experience with Git or other distributed version control systems
- Experience working closely with Product, QA and Design teams to develop applications iteratively
- Familiarity with Dependency & View Injection
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with Annotations and Dependency Injection
- Familiarity with RxJava
Apps we've builthttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dramafever.largehttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dramafever.warnerarchivehttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.boomerang.boomerangapphttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B0743HX422Perks
Sponsored continuing education, career development within the community (speaking at and attending conferences and meetups), team-weeks to build relationships within the Android team and within the larger tech org, book clubs and programming challenges (in Java & Kotlin!), in-house yoga sessions, video games and regular company outings....check, check, check, check, check, check and definitely check. While we have enriching perks, we've got a greater purpose.
Our mission is to put choice into the hands of consumers and change the way TV and Movies are delivered. We are creating a portfolio of next-generation video brands that will make people laugh, cry and jump for joy. We're doing it from the ground up, with bespoke technology and with a world-class team who are truly passionate about what we do. Oh, and it doesn't hurt that we've got brands that people love.
We are looking for developers to join our team in-office in NYC or Philadelphia.