About our company:
We are a venture-backed team of experienced entrepreneurs based out of San Francisco. We’ve had previous successful exits to Google, Zynga and FanDuel in the past. Now we’re focused on the crypto assets space and building decentralized applications for the mainstream masses. The key component behind crypto assets is that they are scarce and unique; thus, we believe this new asset class will pave the way for a new era of true digital ownership.
Rare Bits (https://rarebits.io
) is our first product and launched at the beginning of this year. It’s the first marketplace dedicated to the buying and selling of crypto assets in the gaming space.
Fan Bits (https://fanbits.com
) is our most recent product launch and is the first platform that allows creators, artists and musicians to publish their own sets of crypto collectibles in their own image, artwork and brand. Fans can purchase these digital items and own a little something in support of the creator.
We’re committed to realizing the potential of blockchain technology to make content more compelling and valuable. We would love to work with people passionate about building new products and crafting our company culture.
What you’ll do:
- Own, architect and build large parts of the front-end and back-end engineering of our products.
- Work closely with CEO and founding team to determine how to best use technology to meet our business goals.
- Participate in hiring other passionate and talented engineers to the team.
What we’re looking for:
- Growth-minded engineers looking to make a mark on the crypto-space, no previous crypto experience needed!
- Experience with full-stack development in some form: either mobile front-end or web front-end experience paired with a common backend language like Python/Ruby/PHP/Elixir.
- Individuals that treat their co-workers with respect, appreciate a diversity of opinions, and value releasing products they are proud of.
- Contribution of opinions and thoughts on how to continually improve our engineering culture and processes.
- Elixir and Phoenix as our main backend language
- React / Redux / Webpack for our user-facing web-client
- NodeJS and RabbitMQ for our blockchain data-processing platform
- Heroku and AWS as our hosting environment
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary, Equity & Health Benefits
- Meaningful work establishing a brand new form of property ownership for the world.
- Latest and greatest dev environment, customizable to your liking.
- Ownership over large parts of our product engineering and the opportunity to contribute and build an engineering-first culture from the ground-up