We're looking for a full-time Dev Ops Engineer for our core Dozuki product. You'll be responsible for keeping Dozuki, fast, available, and secure.
What a normal day would look like
On any given day, you might find yourself:
- Bringing up and swapping out parts of our infrastructure.
- Advising our Software Engineers on design decisions.
- Investigating and responding to responsible disclosure reports.
- Finding and fixing nonperformant requests.
- Writing automation tools for creating and maintaining our infrastructure.
- Investigative debugging to determine the sources of anomalies and failures.
While we work with a wide variety of technologies, we value your ability to learn more than prior experience. The only requirements you must posses are:
- General Linux command-line chops
- Familiarity with a scripting language (Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby, etc.)
- A strong understanding of web architecture, distributed systems, and networking principles
- An intense desire for consistency
Dozuki is written primarily in PHP, backed by MySQL and served by Apache httpd, Varnish, and HAProxy, with metrics stored in Graphite, and all running on CentOS Linux Amazon EC2 instances. Experience with any of these technologies is a plus.
We also package an on-premise offering which is accelerating our usage of Docker, Kubernetes and Replicated amongst other technologies.
Additionally, any candidates with experience managing a web property with at least 5 million monthly uniques or experience providing services for enterprise or government will receive special consideration.
Benefits and Perks:
- 💰 Competitive Salary
- 🤒 Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 💻 Company-provided hardware
- 🏝 Potential to work remotely
- 📈 401(k) matching
- 🍼 Generous parental family leave policy
- ⛺️ Flexible schedules & Unlimited time off
- 🍽 2-3 catered meals every week
- 🐶 Dog-friendly office
Working for a small company on a tight-knit team is a chance to manifest your creativity in a way that will make a big difference in the final product. If you want to work your butt off and make incredible software with us, please apply.
Upload a PDF of your resume as well as a short cover letter (BOTH ARE REQUIRED) explaining two things: why you're badass, and why you're the ideal candidate for this job.