Dozuki was born out of iFixit.com with the goal to revolutionize the way manufacturers train their employees. In the next 10 years, it is estimated that manufacturers will need to fill 3.5m manufacturing jobs. But over half of those jobs will go unfilled due to a shortage of skilled workers. Dozuki has a truly unique approach that allows manufacturers to standardize how they work and improve their processes. Our approach and our platform are going to play an instrumental part in helping manufacturers develop unskilled workers to fill those jobs and we need your help to do so!
If you’ve been looking for an opportunity to stretch your accounting and management skills, grow within a fast-growing tech company, and live in one of the best small towns in the US, then look no further. Dozuki is a fast-growing SaaS company based in beautiful San Luis Obispo, CA.
We are currently looking to fill the Accounting Supervisor role at Dozuki. In this role, you will account for the financial performance of Dozuki and report results to management. This is a growth opportunity position.
What You'd Be Doing:
- General ledger management
- Recording and reconciliation of transactions
- Allocation of costs
- Revenue recognition
- Manage month-end and year-end closing and reconciliation
- Facilitate the budgeting process, including assisting department heads develop draft budgets
- Aggregate department budgets into proforma financials and cash flow projections
- Monitor budget to actual variances
- Regularly report departmental financial performance
- Prepare regular management reports
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual external reporting
- Ensure compliance with laws and contracts
- Assist with tax compliance and filings
- Assist with legal compliance and investor relations
- Ensure compliance with internal controls
The Right Candidate is...
A learner — you have a solid foundation and want to take your career to the next level and grow with the company
A problem solver — you are analytical and don’t spend time agonizing over problems that arise; you solve them and move on
A tracker — you have your finger on the pulse and can identify when something is amiss and keep track of many moving parts to a high degree of specificity
A techie — you have experience with accounting software, exceptional Excel skills, strong computer skills and know how to overcome most technical challenges
Qualified — you have an accounting or economics degree, accounting certification, or are seriously interesting in getting one (or both).
Benefits and Perks:
- 🤒 Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 💻 Company-provided hardware
- 🏝 Potential to work remotely
- 📈 401(k) matching (4%)
- 🍼 Generous parental family leave policy
- ⛺️ Flexible schedules & Unlimited time off
- 🍽 2-3 catered meals every week
- 🐶 Dog-friendly office
Manufacturing is one of the last industries to be truly disrupted by software. At Dozuki, you'll join a team that is enabling a new wave of software adoption by helping companies standardize their manufacturing processes (e.g. make it the same way every time), automate the management of employee training, and solicit tribal knowledge from employees to help troubleshoot challenges in real time.
Dozuki is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diverse teams are better teams. We believe that it takes people of all backgrounds to help us reach our highest potential. Therefore, Dozuki does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any of the other important characteristics that make us unique and valuable.
Dozuki is committed to creating a diverse team—not only in who we hire—but through creating a supportive environment for all of our team members based on mutual respect and inclusivity.
Make a PDF of your resume, as well as a short cover letter explaining two things: why you're awesome, and why you're the ideal candidate for this job.
Include links to online projects you have worked on. We want to see what you're enthusiastic about!