We are a group of dedicated and passionate professionals all working together to transform the way businesses improve. We enable our customers to standardize their work processes, reduce training time, and meet compliance standards. Come join the team that is redefining training documentation and making standard work an industry standard.
Dozuki is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our core product team who can thrive in a remote-friendly work environment. The product team works on Dozuki's core web platform and is crucial to the company's success. We've maintained 99.9% uptime for our cloud deployment, and we strive to get that as close to 100% as possible for our customers who depend on our platform being available 24/7.
As a Senior Engineer of our product team, you will be a core driver for making platform improvements and developing new features. You will be expected to deliver high quality, maintainable, and well-tested code. You will lead technical discussions, review teammates' code, and be empowered to make mission-critical decisions.
The product team holds daily stand-ups, weekly plannings, and monthly product team process improvement meetings. You will have the freedom to choose which issues you want to work on which may range from new features, infrastructure improvements, platform maintenance, and bug fixes.
We have core hours between 10am - 3pm Pacific Time and allow for a flexible work schedule outside of these hours.
The Dozuki platform runs a LAMP stack at its core. Our cloud offering runs each of our services in AWS, while our on-premise offering runs our services in a swarm of Docker containers with middleware integrations to help manage those deployments .
We're constantly looking for new ways to improve our infrastructure. The following skills and technologies are central to working on our platform, but we're open to some learning on the job:
- PHP 7.1
- Git for code version control
- PHPUnit for automated testing
- CI/CD pipelines
- Linux command-line tools
Things that will make you stand out
- 5+ years experience creating software for enterprise-level companies
- Experience with React
- Worked with caching services such as Memcached
- Experience developing performant, scalable, and highly available web services
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design, and can lead discussions on web service design and architecture
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and web service orchestration
- Self-motivated and able to manage yourself
- Excellent communication skills and can provide technical leadership and mentoring to other team members
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
What we offer
Our people are our biggest investment. We recognize that quality of life is paramount to a happy and healthy team. We offer the following perks:
- 💰 Competitive Salary
- 🤒 Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 💻 Company-provided hardware
- 🏝 Remote-friendly team culture
- 📈 401(k) matching
- 🍼 Generous parental family leave policy
- ⛺️ Flexible schedules & Unlimited time off
- 🍽 2-3 catered meals every week
- 🐶 Dog-friendly office
Although we're a partly distributed team, most of us still live in San Luis Obispo, CA. We would love for you to join our team in SLO but are happy to accommodate your current living situation.