We're building a disruptive platform to enable industrial companies to improve their manufacturing practices in real time. Our software team makes it easy for any employee to learn how to do build rockets, get certified on a piece of equipment and grow their individual skills as they progress.
At Dozuki you’ll be managing a high-caliber team of engineers blended between the beautiful city of San Luis Obispo and remote.
What You'd Be Doing:
- Lead the engineering team to continuously ship high-quality software on predictable schedules while working closely with other department heads to zero-in on the right experience for our end users.
- Manage the context in which team members operate, including:
- Representing the team in planning meetings
- Translating engineering team vision and technical roadmap into action
- Have regular one on ones with engineers, where you will:
- Set expectations, provide regular feedback, perform semi-annual formal reviews & generally hold team members accountable
- Develop a strong two-way feedback loop where you share wider organizational context and build a deep understanding of each engineer and how they work
- Support engineers and help reach a resolution when challenges arise
- Craft a fulfilling and engaging work experience through regular career growth and development conversations
- Iterate and improve our engineering processes and technical culture
- Maintain a strong and up-to-date understanding of the challenges and opportunities your team is facing building and deploying software. Most of your time won’t be spent coding, but you should get your hands in the code regularly to maintain context, ask informative questions, and assist the team in making strategic trade-offs
- Participate in hiring and on-boarding of engineers
- Amazon AWS
Benefits and Perks:
- 🤒 Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 💻 Company-provided hardware
- 🏝 Potential to work remotely
- 📈 401(k) matching
- 🍼 Generous parental family leave policy
- ⛺️ Flexible schedules & Unlimited time off
- 🍽 2-3 catered meals every week
- 🐶 Dog friendly office
- 💰 Salary: For this role, the range is $90,000 to $130,000 USD per year.
Manufacturing is one of the last industries in our culture to be truly disrupted by software. It's unfortunate that the production floors of today look pretty similar to 50 years ago. At Dozuki, you'll join a team that enabling a new wave of software adoption by helping to make modern Standard Work and industry standard.
Dozuki is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diverse teams are better teams. We believe that it takes people of all backgrounds to help us reach our highest potential. Therefore, Dozuki does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any of the other important characteristics that make us unique and valuable.
Dozuki is committed to creating a diverse team—not only in who we hire—but through creating a supportive environment for all of our team members based on mutual respect and inclusivity.
Make a PDF of your resume, as well as a short cover letter explaining two things: why you're awesome, and why you're the ideal candidate for this job.
Include links to online projects you have worked on. We want to see what you're enthusiastic about!