Double Fine is looking for a full-time QA Tester to join our Quality Assurance team. The primary job responsibility is to test games to ensure that all the quality requirements are met across multiple projects. This position will be in-house, so you will be working in close proximity to the developers.
The ideal candidate is someone who is responsible, dependable and has a passion for video games. The candidate should have a great eye for detail, strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment. The main tasks for this position include: creating and maintaining bug reports, building and/or executing test plans, providing constructive feedback on the games, and generally being an awesome person to work with.
Double Fine is an inclusive company. We believe that a diverse team leads to the best games. To help us improve the diversity of our team, we like to specifically encourage folks from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Identify and document bugs with concise and detailed reproduction steps
- Verify fixes submitted by the developers
- Track and manage testing coverage for the game
- Implement and/or execute test plans
- Provide feedback to project teams on the games usability and playability
- Interact with the development and production teams to help find technical problems
- Occasionally provide technical customer support through email and user forums
- Minimum education level of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Responsible and dependable
- Quick learner who can absorb technical concepts and training
- An ability to eventually work semi-autonomously when acclimated
- Able to thrive in a team environment
- Local candidates only, no telecommuting
- A working knowledge of JIRA
- Prior experience with the Sony Playstation, Microsoft, and Nintendo certification process
- A passion for playing and making video games
- Development experience working with the Unreal engine
- Experience or interest in scripting for automated testing