Director/Sr. Director, Data Science
DotLab, a personalized medicine company focused on women’s health, is looking for an outstanding individual to lead our Data Science group, a role which will be integral to the development of our cutting-edge molecular diagnostic test for endometriosis. Ten percent of women of child-bearing age suffer from this debilitating disease, which can take up to 8 years to diagnose... we’re looking to change that.
What you’ll be doing:
In this position you will have overall responsibility for all biostatistical/clinical data analysis and statistical model development for the company’s products. You will manage an internal group of employees with backgrounds in statistics, mathematics, biochemistry/biophysics, and related disciplines, as well as external consultants. This role will be a lead decision maker on statistical evaluation of clinical trials protocols and will play a key role in statistical interactions with regulatory agencies. You will be involved in the development of new in silico methods of genomic mining and algorithm development, leveraging your knowledge of computational modeling. You will be working closely with the lab and quality group in the development of R&D and commercial lab analytical metrics. Key interactions will be with the bioinformatics/software development, quality, clinical laboratory, research, process development and clinical groups.
What we’re looking for:
- PhD, MS or equivalent experience in a relevant, quantitative field such as statistics, computational biology, biochemistry/biophysics, informatics (chemical or biological), applied math, or a related field and at least 7+ years (PhD) or 10+ years (MS) working in the pharma/biopharma, molecular diagnostics, or academic arenas
- Experience in computational modeling, algorithm development and machine learning is a must
- Experience with the analysis of large genomic datasets is required; the ability to program in a variety of computer languages (R, SAS, others) is necessary
- Experience designing and analyzing either clinical trials or observational studies
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams, composed of molecular biologists/bioinformaticians, process development and automation scientists, clinicians, and software developers is key as are excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Interest in the underlying biology is a plus!
- Ability to be flexible, creative, and have fun as DotLab grows!