- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Meet and exceed guests' expectations by anticipating the services they might require.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early chek-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Maintains guest room key storage.
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts and raising guest limits.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette and record details of each conversation for future follow up.
- Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures.
- Reads and adds to communication log daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to appropriate management.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, Is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Google Apps (i.e. Drive, Sheets, Docs, Gmail)
- Experience in working with reservation-based software
- Prior Customer Service Experience
- Prior Administrative or Sales Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Full-time employees have access to employer-paid healthcare, dental and vision options, health savings account, and employee discounts.