What Donuts is about
From .life to .solutions to .news, we are the global leader in high-quality, top-level domains for unifying, managing and amplifying digital identity. And since work and technology should be fun, we are proud to include .rocks and .social in our leading portfolio. Donuts Inc. is privately held and profitable. As we help build the new internet, we are hiring smart people who know how to get things done.
Donuts is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with offices in Denver, Dublin, and Beijing. Learn more about us! Check us out at www.donuts.domains
What this role is about
We are hiring a Software Engineer for the Donuts Registry product and engineering team. The role is part of a team of great engineers responsible for the design, development and maintenance of our main domain name registrations platform and other domain name discovery software solutions. We are open to considering talented software engineers with experience in any of the major languages such as C# .NET, Java, Python, Go etc.
Our team is leveraging many aws cloud technologies like aws aurora postgresql, lambda, api-gateway, dynamodb, glue, step functions just to highlight a few, as we continue to expand our use of cloud technologies.
What you’ll do in this role
- Join at the most exciting time and take on challenges to define software using cloud technologies to deliver reliability, scalability, testability and security.
- Not only provide ideas but embrace the best ideas and work in collaboration with the team to own the features and deliver the best software solutions.
- Design and document new features using object-oriented concepts and databases, SOA/microservices, and message queues.
- Learn and apply new design approaches and technologies.
- Implement new features by developing .net core applications, REST API, class libraries using C#, MVC, VS 2019, Various RDBMS and No-SQL, Python, Go.
- Continuously deliver features that meet acceptance criteria such as build quality, unit tests, integration tests, application logging, and security.
- Strive to build completely automated software delivery solutions to stand up new environments in aws cloud
- Work with QA to review test cases and ensure proper test case coverage. Maintain work items (defects, tasks) to reflect the work accomplished.
- Develop and maintain build & release pipelines. Also, perform software releases to production using automation.
What we’d like to see in your experience
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience developing enterprise software with object-oriented programming languages like C# .net core, Java or other major languages.
- Experience working with cloud technologies, service-oriented architecture (SOA), service bus and queuing technologies are strong assets.
- Experience writing web applications and services, background services and class libraries.
- Experience with SQL (MS-SQL / MySQL / PostgreSQL), SQL query language and NoSQL.
- Proficient in troubleshooting technical problems.
- Proficient in English communication.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
Some things to know about Donuts
- Donuts offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development. Donuts also offers great perks such as weekly catered lunches, a fully-stocked kitchen including coffee, snacks and drinks, and lots of social activities.
- Donuts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.