DockYard is looking for a great UI/UX designer to lead our team.
This is an amazing opportunity to set the design direction for a premiere, full-stack software consultancy. DockYard works with ambitious clients across a range of verticals, including: Apple, Netflix, Flywheel Sports, McGraw-Hill Education, Zipcar, and more.
We provide a range of design services, including: product discovery, design strategy, wireframing, user journey mapping, iterative prototyping, user research, user testing, and visual design. We take a user-centric approach to solving design challenges and are focused on growing our expertise with Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) in 2018 and beyond.
About the Role
We are looking for a senior-level candidate with strong skills across UI/UX design, client services, and team management.
Responsibilities related to UI/UX design:
- Advising on product discovery phases: establishing stakeholders, identifying business goals, conducting user research, aligning iterative design with business objectives, leading user testing
- Design reviews for best practice UI/UX design across all client projects (excluding HTML & CSS implementation; we have a dedicated team for that)
Responsibilities related to client services:
- Oversee UI/UX design quality across all client projects
- Support business development efforts throughout the sales, project estimation, and proposal/presentation development stages
- Work directly with the management team to execute internal design projects
Responsibilities related to team management:
- Manage a growing team of awesome designers (including remote team members!)
- Establish S.M.A.R.T. goals for individual designers and provide mentorship
- Maintain a culture of quality work & continuous improvement via design reviews, best practices, and self-education
- Assist in hiring designers to join a growing company
Responsibility as a Department Head:
- Serve as the professional face of DockYard’s design department
- Provide long-term vision and leadership for department in design and client services
We value diversity and strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply!
DockYard is a software consultancy specializing in web applications. We’ve been around since 2010, and our expertise spans UI/UX design, full-stack software development, and project management disciplines. We help ambitious companies transform new ideas into fully deployed web applications. Our clients range from seed funded and early stage startups, who depend on us to define and deliver business-critical workflows, to established enterprise companies seeking fresh perspective and deep expertise on new projects.
We are a remote company with a concentration of team members in the Boston area. This position requires relocation to the Boston-metro area(relocation assistance available); however work can be done remotely from home most of the time. Some availability to travel is expected.
DockYard provides a healthy work-life balance, a competitive salary, plenty of paid time off, great company outings, health/dental/vision insurance, and a low-cost 401k program.
If this sounds like a great opportunity, we’d love to hear from you! Individual applications only, please: we do not work with recruiters and aren’t looking to outsource work.