DockYard is searching for a remarkable, detail-oriented SQA Engineer to join our world-class engineering team!
WHO WE ARE
is a remote software consultancy based in Boston that specializes in web applications. We have in-house engineers, designers, developers, and project managers, and we are looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer (SQA Engineer) to join our growing team. You’ll work alongside talented individuals on groundbreaking projects for the world’s largest companies.
WHAT WE DO
We help ambitious companies transform new ideas into fully deployed web applications. Our clients range from seed-funded and early-stage startups, who depend on us to define and deliver business-critical workflows, to established enterprise companies seeking fresh perspective and deep expertise on new projects.
The ideal candidate is self-driven and passionate about web technologies and industry best practices to monitor, analyze, and test software during development.
Junior to Mid-Level
Remote (U.S. based only)
- Testing client-facing web applications across varied devices/platforms
- Consult with engineering teams to understand system interfaces, operational requirements, and performance requirements of overall system (while also being able to contribute when requirements are more ambiguous)
- Execute test plans and create test reports
- Maintain a database of known defects
- Collaborate with Developers and Engineers on solutions for defects
- Some travel may be required
- 1-5 years of experience in Web Application Development QA
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Proven knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- High attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- High initiative and ability to work independently
- Strong team player
NICE TO HAVES
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Programming, IT or related field or equivalent
- Prior client services, consulting, or freelancing experience
- Experience working on Software Product Development Team
- Experience working in a remote team
- Experience with Jira or similar workflow applications
HOW TO APPLY
Interested in this position? Apply here
and provide a brief description of your background, why you're interested, and a link to your resume if available.
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.