WHO WE ARE
is a software consultancy based in Boston (with remote employees) that specializes in web applications. We have in-house designers, developers, and project managers, and we are looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer to join our growing team. You’ll work alongside talented individuals on groundbreaking projects for the world’s largest companies.
WHAT WE DO
We help ambitious companies transform new ideas into fully deployed web applications. Our clients range from seed funded and early stage startups, who depend on us to define and deliver business-critical workflows, to established enterprise companies seeking fresh perspective and deep expertise on new projects.
The ideal candidate is self-driven and passionate about web technologies and industry best practices, and has experience building complex Ruby on Rails backends to power single-page applications built with frameworks such as Ember.js.
Remote (U.S. based only)
- Work independently or with other engineers to develop user experience-focused web applications, or provide support for existing systems.
- Collaborate with designers, frontend developers, stakeholders, and clients to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
- Participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing.
- Some travel required.
- 2-5 years of experience in Ruby on Rails development
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Understand and exercise best practices for web development and software design.
NICE TO HAVES
- Prior client services, consulting, or freelancing experience
- Experience working in a remote team
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.