The ideal candidate will be responsible for supervising all phases of multiple client engagements or projects under the direction of and in consultation with Managers, Principals and Partners to ensure that quality client service is provided in a timely, responsive, and efficient manner. This individual performs advanced level services for clients and for all areas within the Firm and researches complex technical questions. They supervise, review, train, and evaluate all employees at Bookkeeping, Staff and Senior levels, and as such, must demonstrate a high level of professionalism in personal and professional relationships.
- Professional development of bookkeepers, staff and senior accountants
- Serve as both a preparer and reviewer on review and other attest engagements
- Evaluate all technical steps in order to complete and review work papers with Manager or Partner
- Prepare financial statements, notes, and schedules as needed
- Communicating directly with customers
- Conduct a review of the work papers, prior to managerial review, to ensure that the accountants properly carried out the procedures assigned to them, that the programs and conclusions are properly completed, and that the documentation conforms to Firm standards
- Support the Manager/Partner by maintaining a good working relationship with client personnel and other team members, and demonstrating an awareness of the client's business
- Helping to manage firm and customer expectations
- project management
- Desire for professional and firm innovations relative to service offerings and firm process improvements
- 3+ years of overall public accounting experience and 2+ as a manager responsible for coaching, mentoring, and teaching less experienced team members is required
- Experience working with construction and/or real estate in either public or industry setting is required
- Active CPA license in the state of Texas is required
- Experience with Thomson Reuters software including Ultra-tax, Accounting and Engagement CS, Practice CS, etc. is a plus, but not required.