One of our favorite clients has asked us to assist with their search for the next Financial Reporting Manager to add to their team. The client is in an exciting industry that's relatively new to the Houston market and has a "startup" feel.
The Financial Reporting Manager's responsibilities include:
- Manages the monthly, quarterly and year-end closing process and related deliverables.
- Prepares and reviews all quarterly and annual public filings in accordance with IFRS/USGAAP, and other federal statutory requirements, including preparation of financial statements, MD&A, footnotes, footnote support.
- Monitors peer filings and areas of regulatory focus in quarterly filings in an effort to continuously improve the company’s TSX/SEC filings.
- Provides various support and materials to the Investor Relations and Corporate Development Director in connection with the quarterly earnings release cycle.
- Prepares detailed variance analysis on a quarterly and year-to-date basis of consolidated balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statements for public filings.
- Assists with preparation of press releases, various materials for public filing and Audit Committee.
- Assists with preparation of monthly budget-to-actual analysis and reports of consolidated entity for senior management.
- Assists in the preparation of other public filings such as registration statement and proxy statement.
- Manages the quarterly and annual external audit processes.
- Develops, implements and manages the XBRL reporting process.
To be considered for this role, candidates must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Be a Certified Public Accountant (preferred)
- Have A minimum of 3 years of direct work experience in leading and managing financial reporting in a public company reporting environment.
- An intermediate to advanced working knowledge of reporting and XBRL tagging software package(s) preferred.
- “Big 4” accounting experience, preferred.
- A master’s degree in business administration, preferred.