Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, we have an immediate opening for a highly motivated, results-oriented Staff Internal Auditor to join our team in The Woodlands, TX. The Internal Audit Department looks for individuals who embrace servant leadership, and who are eager to learn the business, accounting processes, and systems throughout the company. Many of our Internal Auditors have rotated into Controller positions around the country, as well as other areas such as Operations and Risk in as few as two years.
- Plan and perform internal audits that may include financial, operational and compliance reviews.
- Evaluate the design and effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Communicate results and issue reports to Management and auditees.
- Follow up on action plans and perform remediation testing.
- Execute other assignments and consulting projects requested by management and assist with special investigations as needed.
- Gather and analyze large amounts of data in a variety of company settings.
- Develop positive relationships with staff, management, and external auditors.
- Participate in organizational and departmental initiatives.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- A good understanding of GAAP and internal controls
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to travel up to 35%
- Strong written and communication skills
- You will be joining a team environment and colleagues who embrace a “work hard, play harder” culture. You’ll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives, and more.