CFS has teamed up with a growing marine transportation and distribution service company located in Houston TX. They have locations in over 60 cities, primarily in Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma. The position will office out of corporate headquarters near Downtown Houston and report to the Director of Internal Audit. Travel is limited and would be a great transition for any Auditors who are looking to make the move into industry.
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will be responsible for conducting assigned audit engagements based on the annual Audit Plan. You will identify and communicate issues raised and recommend solutions relevant to business and risk. In addition to operational audits, you will execute SOX control testing. The position provides exposure to a variety of businesses and departments and allows the candidate to move into another role within the company, if desired.
- Execute all aspects of audits including planning, documenting controls, testing, and drafting audit reports.
- Gather audit data from company documentation, analytical testing, interviews and observations.
- Perform testing to ensure compliance with established control procedures.
- Identify control concerns, opportunities for improvement, and best practices.
- Conduct opening and closing meetings to discuss scope and audit findings.
- Maintain sound judgment to formulate practical recommendations in response to control concerns and opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for writing clear and concise audit reports.
- Evaluate management responses to findings to ensure satisfactory resolution of identified issues.
- Perform follow-up procedures to ensure agreed upon recommendations were implemented.
- BA/BS degree in accounting, business, finance or related field
- Minimum 4 years audit experience, Big 4 experience preferred
- CPA, CIA or pursuit of relevant audit certification is preferred
- Learning-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail in carrying out audit procedures
- Ability to interact confidently with senior management
- Good business judgment
- Knowledge of accounting best practices
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) 404
- Travel required, approximately 20%, primarily domestic