Cloud Sales Engineer
Dito is a leading provider of enterprise IT and cloud services partner, and we are looking for great people who are ready and eager to join our Sales Department as a Cloud Solutions Engineer. Though the position is remote with the ability to work from home, our teams work together closely with you playing an active role to drive profitability and success toward company objectives.
Job Description: As a Cloud Solutions Engineer, you will play a critical role in establishing credibility and confidence with our prospective customers by demonstrating and positioning our value through our products and services. You will provide exceptional technical guidance to customers and prospects adopting Google Cloud Services including GCP, maps, and GSuite. You will conduct full technical discovery, leveraging your technical aptitude to identify business pain points, technical and general requirements, as well as “as is” and “to be” scenarios to position solutions to best deliver value to our customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a strong working relationship with the customer’s technical staff and be able to gain their trust and credibility through your deep technical knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Work closely with the Account Executive to align the technical requirements and the solution with the customer's business drivers and demonstrate our unique value
- Develop Pilots, presentations, and demos to highlight the solution value proposition with prospects and evaluate technical requirements for the positioned solution.
- Manage and lead the customer throughout the evaluation process through to closure
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution.
- Collaborate with the services delivery team to own creation and delivery of Statements of Work outlining customer requirements and the solutions we are recommending
- Proactively maintain a broad knowledge of cloud engineering trends and technology advancements
- Maintain Google Professional Cloud Architect Certification and Professional Collaboration Engineer certifications (gained within first 90 days)
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience building and delivering Pilots (Proof of Concepts).
- Strong background with GCP including GMP and hands-on experience with G Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as identity and access management, data protection, encryption, certificate, and key management
- Ability to navigate IT and business operations; procuring, selling, implementing, utilizing and/or operating XaaS
- Experience with architecture and containerization, such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud computing including cloud market and competitive dynamics; experience delivering technical presentations.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure configuration management
- Knowledge of cloud offerings such as Application Development, Cloud Infrastructure, Cloud Data Analytics, Machine Learning, etc.
- Experience in, and understanding of, data and information management, as it relates to Big Data trends and issues within businesses.
- Proficient understanding of DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, DMZ, Load Balancing, VPN, VPC
- Ability to lead architecture discussions and influence key decision-makers around deployment topologies, scaling, performance and sizing
- Experience producing technical assets or writing technical documentation, including, but not limited to, architecture designs and documentation and statements of work.
- Ability to lead an in-depth client meeting/workshop across a broad range of topics including discovery, cloud compliance, and security.
- Thought leadership with the ability to recommend cloud-native approaches to solve customer business and technical challenges.
You Would Be Great For This Position If You Have:
- Extensive technical sales experience or professional consulting experience in the fields of cloud computing, data, information lifecycle management, and Big Data.
- Experience in implementing analytics systems architecture, e.g. data migration, streaming, security, metadata management, visualization tools.
- Fundamental Email Concepts: Understanding of mail exchanger and DNS records, platform concepts available in Exchange/O365, spam and antivirus products, mail routing functionalities
- Experience analyzing and resolving performance, scalability and reliability issues
- Experience with storage, archive, backup/recovery, and business continuity processes in distributed operations
Happy and successful Dito employees share a few attributes, among them, are a great sense of humor and a deep commitment to the company. Smart, independent, and creative people thrive here. We are not a long-hours sweatshop, but demand accountability and look for people who care deeply and passionately about their contribution to the company, while not taking themselves too seriously. If you are just looking for another job, this is not the place for you.
Travel: Less than 15% travel required
Job Type: Full-time
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.