GCP Cloud Engineer with GKE & Anthos
Dito is a leading provider of enterprise IT and cloud services partner, and we are looking for great people who are ready and eager to join our Solutions Experience team as a GCP Cloud Engineer on the GCP Delivery Team!
The position is 100% remote so you will have the ability to work from home.
What You’ll Do:
As a GCP Cloud Engineer you will apply cutting edge technologies to cloud-based solutions. You will work on customer driven projects on our Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Service Delivery team helping customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network. You will provide exceptional technical guidance to customers adopting GCP services. This includes providing best practices on secure foundational cloud implementations, automated provisioning of infrastructure and applications, cloud-ready application architectures, and more. You will also provide prescriptive guidance in ensuring that customers receive the best of what GCP can offer and have the best experience in migrating, building, modernizing, and maintaining applications in Google Cloud Platform.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Google Professional Cloud Architect Certification
- Experience working with and managing external customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as identity and access management, data protection, encryption, certificate and key management
- Proficient in networking and network security
- Proficient with administration and troubleshooting of complex infrastructure, applications, and middleware
- Experience with infrastructure automation and continuous delivery tool chains (e.g. Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, Ansible Tower, AWS Cloud Formation, Consul, Vault)
- Anthos knowledge
- Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) experience
- Migrate for Anthos
- Anthos Configuration Management
- CloudRun for Anthos
- Experience building hybrid-cloud solutions based on Anthos and containerization technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes
Nice to Have:
- Experience with data at scale, MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, Mongo, ElasticSearch, BigQuery
- Knowledgeable about HIPAA, PCI and other security frameworks and standards
- Experience in agile methodologies
- Experience with storage, archive, backup/recovery and business continuity processes in distributed operations
- Design, build, and deploy secure, resilient, highly-available, scalable and performant IT infrastructure in cloud environments.
- Work with partner IT organizations to develop, document, and implement solutions in a consistent, repeatable manner
- Proactively maintain a broad knowledge of cloud engineering trends and technology advancements
- Develop and maintain detailed, shared technical process and procedure documentation
- Deliver consulting, migration, transformation, and cloud system architect services to Google Cloud customers comfortably with the ability to communicate and educate
- Create data flow diagrams, cloud security diagrams, transition architecture diagrams, and high-level architecture diagrams on Cloud Infrastructure, applications, and systems
- Maintain a Google Professional Cloud Architect Certification as well as ability to gain one other Google Cloud Certification of your choosing
- Deliver excellent customer service throughout customer facing projects including setting appropriate expectations, listening to and understanding the business need and pain points, communicating regularly and promptly, and delivering quality solutions and technical execution.
- Ensure all projects you are on are delivered on time, within budget, meet requirements, and delight the customer
Happy and successful Dito employees share a few attributes, among them are a great sense of humor and a deep commitment to the company. Smart, independent, and creative people thrive here. We are not a long-hours sweatshop, but demand accountability and look for people who care deeply and passionately about their contribution to the company, while not taking themselves too seriously. If you are just looking for another job, this is not the place for you.
Travel: Less than 10% travel required.
Job Type: Full-time