Be the driving force behind a tremendous sales acceleration of Google Cloud solutions to both commercial and private sector clients. The focal point for this position is business development and sales initiatives directed at building, consolidating, optimizing and transforming the cloud operations and infrastructure for clients in your territory. Your scope cuts across all cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS. SaaS), architectures and nature of workloads (Enterprise, Business Support Systems, Media and more).
A successful candidate will combine a ferocious appetite to develop business with exceptional acumen in technical, business, market and operational aspects of cloud, as well as a keen interest to actively developing the organization’s capabilities within territory. Chicago based, but the position is remote (work from home).
- Experience selling Cloud Solutions or related technologies; Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Azure, Oracle, Salesforce, SAP, dashDB, Snowflake, Nutanix, Teradata, Greenplum, Tableau, Microstrategy, Vertica, Aster, Equinix, Chartio, CenturyLink, Terremark, Redshift, BitYota
- Ability to navigate IT and business operations; procuring, selling, implementing, utilizing and/or operating XaaS.
- Knowledge of cloud offerings such as Application Development, Cloud Infrastructure, Cloud Data Analytics, Machine Learning, etc.
- Knowledge of cloud economics; TCO and commercial models, their cost structure and value drivers; make‑buy analysis
- Basic understanding of the ITIL/ITSM framework, agile methodologies and DevOps practices
- Knowledgeable about the most relevant industry players, offers and dynamics: infrastructure, professional services and XaaS
- Generate revenue - initiate the sales process, close deals, expand sales in existing accounts
- Seek and qualify leads: conduct in-depth 360° discussions to take stock of the customer business and technology environments, requirements, plans and issues; secure participation in relevant procurement processes (e.g., RFXs)
- Consult organization to pursue opportunities: decompose opportunity situation and develop pursuit plans anchored on compelling events to act now; provide structure, clear directions and objectives for engagement teams to act
- Sales engagements: team up with your Google counterparts and offer development, demos, proofs of concepts, strategy development, 3rd party solutions, etc.; lead responses to procurement processes (e.g., RFXs)
- Close sales: maintain a continuously updated 360° map of “what is needed to close the business”; early and clear articulation of case towards own stakeholders; secure all of the company’s strengths, capabilities and possibilities to secure business for Dito and Google.
- Own and manage 5x monthly and quarterly pipeline for this significantly growing business