is located in Tiburon, California, a quick drive or ferry ride from San Francisco. For the past 20+ years we have been partnering with Fortune 500 companies to plan, design and build innovative digital products - think custom mobile apps, responsive websites, web 3.0 interactions and user experiences, connected hardware and IoT solutions, and comprehensive platforms that support both customer-facing products and internal operations.
To help sell these services we are looking to hire a Business Development Lead. The Business Development Lead will work out of the Tiburon office and be responsible for managing the sales process from initial outreach and prospect identification through lead generation, proposal creation, courting and closing.
- Flexible Value Pitch - Every project is different. We custom tailor our services and approach to the specific needs of a given client so you must develop a deep understanding of our capabilities and expertise in order to accurately relate the value that bring to a client’s needs - this is not selling a cookie-cutter product, there isn’t a one size fits all script. You must be able to quickly comprehend a prospect’s unique needs and shape your messaging of our services, experience and value-add to match the prospect’s point of view. One day you may be pitching an 8 week architecture assessment for $500,000 to a large aerospace manufacturer, the next day you may be proposing an $8 million, two year implementation project to a global hospitality network. Creativity, empathy and the ability to think on your feet are critical.
- Market Definition and Prospect Classification - Digital Foundry’s services can be applied to a variety of different client roles, companies, and industries. Finding a good match involves understanding where a prospect company is in their digital journey and building a case for why they could benefit from our help. In coming up with your model for segmenting the market and classifying potential buyers it will be important to develop a strong understanding of common digital organization structures, digital transformation stages, digital leadership roles and responsibilities, and current events or triggers that signal investment in digital to help qualify companies and prospects.
- Outreach - Generating awareness will be a big part of the job up front. You must be comfortable reaching out to people via cold calling, networking at events, email and Linkedin messages, etc. Ideally through your research and prospect classification activities you will generate a compelling and personalized reason for reaching out that prompts response and follow up.
- Face-to-Face Meetings - Your number one goal when starting out at Digital Foundry will be to book meetings with qualified prospects. Face-to-face meetings allow us to introduce a prospect to consulting team members who would be the ones performing the work in question. This builds credibility and enables us to speak to countless past engagements in which we solved similar problems for similar clients. We are able to conduct a thorough needs assessment and gather the prospects requirements and expectations for an engagement - a critical activity when designing a custom solution to their unique needs. Your role will be to schedule and facilitate the meeting and, over time, develop your ability to recognize and match and speak to previous Digital Foundry work that aligns with a prospect’s current needs.
- Lead Generation and Project Proposals - Once we identify a potential project it will be your job to work with the consulting team to create and produce well-coordinated and compelling client project proposals, presentations, and meetings. These are typically in the form of a slide deck and contain background information, Digital Foundry approach and proposed project timeline, staffing and fee structure, and initial thoughts on the solution.
- Closing - Throughout the proposal process you will be the point person in contact with the client buyers. It is your responsibility to stay engaged with the client and garner the necessary Digital Foundry resources to progress the conversation through the sales process until the client buyers are ready finalize contracts and commence work.
- Account Management - As you successfully land new business you will work closely with the consulting team to transition the client from sales to operations. You will stay involved in an account management role with the goal of developing the relationship further, monitoring client expectations and satisfaction with progress and project team output, and identifying new opportunities to extend or expand our footprint with other work.
- Documentation - Track and manage your activity on a daily basis by logging in Salesforce.
Candidates must have experience selling consulting solutions to large multinational and/or Fortune 500 companies. Additionally, candidates must have working knowledge of and relationships with buyers at leading financial, pharmaceutical, automotive, retail, technology, energy, telecom, and/or media companies.
Necessary skills include:
- Ability to effectively articulate (verbally, in written form) Digital Foundry’s business and software consulting services
- Ability to effectively articulate each prospect’s business requirements and key success factors
- Ability to clearly document sales activities and opportunities
- Ability to prepare and present winning presentations at the executive level in Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets
- Demonstrable command of the entire sales process
- A minimum of 2 years sales experience
- College degree required
Digital Foundry offers a competitive salary, performance bonuses, and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision benefits; and a matching 401(k) retirement program.
The Business Development Lead will also be measured by the number of opportunities identified and pursued, customer/prospect satisfaction, pipeline visibility and forecasting accuracy, financial justification, and sales team development.