Digital ads drive over 100 billion phone calls to U.S. businesses every year… Surprisingly, the marketers who paid for those ads typically have zero insight into these customer interactions and conversions. As the market leader in call analytics and customer experience optimization, DialogTech provides data-driven marketers with an end-to-end call attribution and analytics platform. This enterprise-class solution delivers transparency and control over every conversation, so companies can optimize lead generation, map the full path to conversion, and increase sales conversions.
DialogTech is a venture funded, growth stage, digital marketing technology company with over 4,000 customers and 200 employees. Since the beginning of 2014, DialogTech has experienced over 300% growth in its enterprise customer base and doubled its average customer size.
As a MySQL DBA, you will play a key role within our team with responsibilities for the configuration, deployment, performance, availability, recovery, and security of our database architecture. Additionally, you will be responsible for the movement of data across multiple environments with a depth of experience to support a variety of technologies. You must also have in depth expertise with data security, data standards, familiarity with storage solutions, database virtualization and replication as well as other complex technical tools and solutions.
Your essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Performing standard database administration tasks (backups, restores, address replication issues, etc.)
- Managing database release lifecycles in development/qa/production environments
- Working with our technology team members to help ensure that our production applications (especially the database servers) are running efficiently
- Assisting with production releases and scheduled maintenance
- Creating complex sql queries that can be used monthly to extract key data and documenting the data extraction queries and the interpretation of all data fields
- Developing roadmaps and strategies for data usage across DialogTech
Required skills and experience:
- Extensive experience with MySQL (5.6+)
- Extensive experience with Linux (RHEL or CentOS preferred)
- Experience in multi-site systems
- Strong scripting and automation skills
- Familiar with optimizing MySQL configurations for various applications
- Ability to make database schema changes on production servers with minimal downtime
- Extensive data modeling experience MySQL databases. In depth understanding of relational database development including the ability to design, write and tune SQL queries on large database systems
- Minimum of 5 years experience architecting large scale databases using MySQL in development and production environments
- Excellent SQL skills and demonstrated ability to write complex SQL for purposes of analyzing data and/or evaluating how information needs might be translated into back end database structures
- Ability to prioritize and manage concurrent projects, demonstrate initiative, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills and comfort with business users at all levels in an organization
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with and in depth knowledge of InnoDB and AWS
- Experience with using ProxySQL
- Familiarity with NoSQL storage systems like DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, Lucene etc
- Experience working in an agile software development environment and/or continuous delivery
Join us at one of the nation's Best and Brightest Companies, 5 years running, a 101 Best Places to Work in Chicago and an Inc 500 fastest growing company!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.