DialogTech (formerly Ifbyphone) powers human connections in a digital world. As the market leader in call analytics and optimization, we provide data-driven marketers with an end-to-end call attribution and conversion platform. This delivers visibility and control over every conversation, so companies can optimize lead generation, map the full path to conversion, and increase sales conversions.
Thanks to smartphones, consumers are calling businesses to engage in conversations at record rates throughout every stage of the customer journey, and at DialogTech we are changing the world of voice communications for our customers. We enable our customers to better attribute, route, personalize, and handle their voice interactions at each stage of the marketing and sales processes.
As a QA Engineer, you'll directly contribute to a dynamic environment that drives QA efficiencies in practice, through process, and with effective tools/techniques. The QA Engineer is primarily responsible for delivering results for DialogTech by identifying and removing risks to quality for DialogTech’s software products with an Agile team that solves complex challenges and builds cutting edge software that operates at high volume.
More specifically, you will perform the following functions to drive the quality of DialogTech’s software products in the following ways:
- Identify and resolve software inconsistencies, ambiguities and defects during the design and implementation phase of software building
- Design and execute manual and automated test cases to assure the quality of a functional domain
- Plan and execute the release of software updates into our testing and production environments in our continuous deployment process
- Carry out root cause analysis on defects to ensure fixes are occurring correctly
- Perform regression testing to ensure changes to the current release do not adversely affect previously implemented functionality
- Document test cases that clearly articulate test objectives, steps and expected results
- Collaborate with team members to communicate unacceptable risks to quality
- Adhere to standard operating procedures and the collection of measures put in place to ensure consistency and improvement in the way we test software
- Contribute to the planning process to establish tasks and forecasts for work to be performed
The desired skills and qualifications you will need are:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 1 to 3 years providing Software Quality Assurance for commercial-grade systems and applications
- Strong knowledge of the Software Engineering and Quality Assurance discipline
- Experience with manual, exploratory testing or automated testing techniques using tools like Selenium...experience with both is a plus
- Experience with or an interest in learning automated deployment tools like capistrano or AWS’s CodeDeploy
- Familiarity with automated build tools like Jenkins, Travis CI, or Solano CI a plus
- Familiarity with SQL commands and the Linux command line for analyzing and debugging system behavior
- Strong problem solving skills, independent thinking, and attention to detail
- Strong partnership with co-workers for cross-group collaboration
- Ability to contribute to a motivating environment that instills accountability
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Hands-on experience with the latest QA technologies related to their feature set or domain
At Dialog Tech, we hire SWANs, Smarter than average, hard Working, Ambitious, and Nice – we make every minute count and have fun doing it. Be a part of a team pushing the boundaries of technology! Join us at one of the 101 Best Places to Work in Chicago and nationally, 6 times running!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.