Location: San Francisco, CA or Bengaluru, India
At Dgraph we are building the next generation of graph databases and, while our database is open source and anyone can run it on their own, we are creating a fully managed environment for those that simply want a database running on the cloud without having to bother about security, updates, or any other kind of maintenance.
Additionally, we support many of our customers by managing the Dgraph clusters they run on their own premises, helping debug issues and improving their performance whenever possible.
We are looking to an SRE Lead Engineer with experience on running databases at scale.
- You will help design our managed offering so it is as robust and efficient as possible.
- You will work closely with the rest of the engineering team to provide feedback on how to make Dgraph easier to manage on production.
- You will help write an operations manual for Dgraph, including best practices and troubleshooting for deployment, upgrades, backups, etc.
- You will be the first member of a growing team and with a clear career path towards team lead.
Dgraph is a small company based in San Francisco, USA with a remote office in Bengaluru, India. Together we are building the most advanced graph database in the world: it’s horizontally scalable, synchronously replicated, transactional and distributed. While we are remote-friendly, we prefer candidates in our offices of San Francisco and Bengaluru.
We believe that the applications of the future will store their data as graphs, avoiding unnecessary complex transformations. We believe in open source, so all of our code can be found on GitHub
. We believe in our employees, so we provide extensive benefits including a budget for your education as well as a comprehensive health insurance plan. Finally, we believe in equality and inclusion, so you can bring the whole you to work no matter your gender, race, sexual orientation, or religion.
Dgraph Labs was started by ex-Google engineers and we recently announced our Series A funding
. We are a small team with a mission to build the world’s best graph database, and we need you to accomplish it!
- Experience with DevOps or SRE techniques and observability of distributed systems.
- Good knowledge of another database operations is a great plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.