Location: San Francisco, CA or Bengaluru, India
At Dgraph we are building the next generation of graph databases and, while our database is open source and anyone can run it on their own, we are creating a fully managed environment for those that simply want a database running on the cloud without having to bother about security, updates, or any other kind of maintenance.
Additionally, we support many of our customers by managing the Dgraph clusters they run on their own premises, helping debug issues and improving their performance whenever possible.
We are looking to an SRE Lead Engineer with experience on running databases at scale.
- You will help design our managed offering so it is as robust and efficient as possible.
- You will work closely with the rest of the engineering team to provide feedback on how to make Dgraph easier to manage on production.
- You will help write an operations manual for Dgraph, including best practices and troubleshooting for deployment, upgrades, backups, etc.
- You will be the first member of a growing team and with a clear career path towards team lead.
Started by ex-Google engineers, Dgraph Labs is a San Francisco based startup with team members and offices all over the globe. Together, we are building the next-generation database that is powerful yet easy to use. With over 12,000 GitHub stars and more than 1.7 million Docker pulls, Dgraph is the most popular open-source graph database in the market. Our customers range from global Fortune 500 companies to emerging startups. Dgraph's goal is to provide Google-production level scale and throughput, with low enough latency to serve real-time user queries over terabytes of structured data. Our database can power applications ranging from fraud detection, real-time recommendations, master data management, machine learning and many more. We are well-funded, with lead investors from Redpoint and Bain Capital.
- Experience with DevOps or SRE techniques and observability of distributed systems.
- Good knowledge of another database operations is a great plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.