Location: San Francisco, CA or Bengaluru, India
We are looking to grow our Product Management team with a new Technical Project Manager. You would join a fairly young product organization, so you have the chance to really have an impact on the direction and agility of the whole company.
While being a software engineer is not required, project management for a database involves technical aspects. You will be surrounded by engineers happy to solve any of your questions, but you will be expected to be comfortable with technical conversations. As a Technical Project Manager your responsibilities will be centered around helping the engineering team deliver features on time and with the highest quality possible.
- You will help shape our engineering processes, adapting scrum and other agile techniques to our team.
- You will elicitate customers requirements and ensure new features meet their needs.
- You will meet with stakeholders, both internal and external, so great communication skills are a must.
- You will support organization of events as we participate at conferences. Dgraph Labs is a small company and you will get to wear many hats.
- You will monitor the activity on our projects and provide reports on the progress identifying opportunities for improvement of the process.
Dgraph is a small company based in San Francisco, USA with a remote office in Bengaluru, India. Together we are building the most advanced graph database in the world: it’s horizontally scalable, synchronously replicated, transactional and distributed. While we are remote-friendly, we prefer candidates in our offices of San Francisco and Bengaluru.
We believe that the applications of the future will store their data as graphs, avoiding unnecessary complex transformations. We believe in open source, so all of our code can be found on GitHub
. We believe in our employees, so we provide extensive benefits including a budget for your education as well as a comprehensive health insurance plan. Finally, we believe in equality and inclusion, so you can bring the whole you to work no matter your gender, race, sexual orientation, or religion.
Dgraph Labs was started by ex-Google engineers and we recently announced our Series A funding
. We are a small team with a mission to build the world’s best graph database, and we need you to accomplish it!
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with scrum, kanban, or other project management frameworks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely.
- Knowledge of programming and databases is a big advantage, although not required.