Location: San Francisco, Bengaluru, or remote (remote only for senior candidates or with previous remote experience)
If you love databases, distributed systems, and Go this might be a great match. We are looking for engineers to join Dgraph Labs and help us build an Open Source Distributed Graph Database. Most of the code is written in Go, so having experience with it is a great advantage. That said, you will be surrounded by experienced gophers so even if your experience is with another language and you’re excited to learn Go that would also work for us.
- You will design and implement new features of Dgraph or related projects like BadgerDB.
- You will review your peers’ code. Code reviews at Dgraph are seen as a way to not only ensure the quality of contributions but also as an opportunity for bidirectional knowledge transfer.
- You will have the opportunity to share your experience in technical blog posts. If you don’t feel confident writing blog posts but you’re interested in it, this might be a great learning opportunity - the whole Developer Relations team is here to help you.
Dgraph is a small company based in San Francisco, USA with a remote office in Bengaluru, India. Together we are building the most advanced graph database in the world: it’s horizontally scalable, synchronously replicated, transactional and distributed. While we are remote-friendly, we prefer candidates in our offices of San Francisco and Bengaluru.
We believe that the applications of the future will store their data as graphs, avoiding unnecessary complex transformations. We believe in open source, so all of our code can be found on GitHub
. We believe in our employees, so we provide extensive benefits including a budget for your education as well as a comprehensive health insurance plan. Finally, we believe in equality and inclusion, so you can bring the whole you to work no matter your gender, race, sexual orientation, or religion.
Dgraph Labs was started by ex-Google engineers and we recently announced our Series A funding
. We are a small team with a mission to build the world’s best graph database, and we need you to accomplish it!
- Experience developing distributed systems or databases.
- Experience building applications in C, C++ or Go.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.