Location: San Francisco, Bengaluru, or remote (remote only for senior candidates or with previous remote experience)
We are looking to grow our Developer Relations team with a new Developer Advocate. Developer Advocates at Dgraph are responsible for helping external developers better use and understand Dgraph products. This role is a combination of tasks, so you should be comfortable with context switching.
- You will become an expert on Dgraph. Don’t worry, we’re here to help you with that.
- You will be our “user zero”, trying new features out before they are released and providing opinionated feedback.
- You will help Dgraph users online and on our social channels (e.g. Discuss, Slack), answering questions and helping the Product team hear their feedback.
- You will help us improve our documentation by identifying missing pieces and providing improvements.
- You will speak at conferences, meetups, and webinars as well as on videos on YouTube.
- You will build engaging demos showing how amazing our products are, get ready to code!
- You will write blog posts about our products, features, launches, etc.
That’s a lot of responsibilities, but you don’t need to already be an expert on all of them. You will be working in a team with some very experienced DevRel folks. We are here to mentor you in the areas where you need it and help you excel on those where you rock.
Started by ex-Google engineers, Dgraph Labs is a San Francisco based startup with team members and offices all over the globe. Together, we are building the next-generation database that is powerful yet easy to use. With over 12,000 GitHub stars and more than 1.7 million Docker pulls, Dgraph is the most popular open-source graph database in the market. Our customers range from global Fortune 500 companies to emerging startups. Dgraph's goal is to provide Google-production level scale and throughput, with low enough latency to serve real-time user queries over terabytes of structured data. Our database can power applications ranging from fraud detection, real-time recommendations, master data management, machine learning and many more. We are well-funded, with lead investors from Redpoint and Bain Capital.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience presenting and speaking experience at meetups/conferences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely.
- Knowledge of databases and GraphQL is a big advantage.