Location: San Francisco, Bengaluru, or remote (remote only for senior candidates or with previous remote experience)
We are looking to grow our Developer Relations team with a new Developer Advocate. Developer Advocates at Dgraph are responsible for helping external developers better use and understand Dgraph products. This role is a combination of tasks, so you should be comfortable with context switching.
- You will become an expert on Dgraph. Don’t worry, we’re here to help you with that.
- You will be our “user zero”, trying new features out before they are released and providing opinionated feedback.
- You will help Dgraph users online and on our social channels (e.g. Discuss, Slack), answering questions and helping the Product team hear their feedback.
- You will help us improve our documentation by identifying missing pieces and providing improvements.
- You will speak at conferences, meetups, and webinars as well as on videos on YouTube.
- You will build engaging demos showing how amazing our products are, get ready to code!
- You will write blog posts about our products, features, launches, etc.
That’s a lot of responsibilities, but you don’t need to already be an expert on all of them. You will be working in a team with some very experienced DevRel folks. We are here to mentor you in the areas where you need it and help you excel on those where you rock.
Dgraph is a small company based in San Francisco, USA with a remote office in Bengaluru, India. Together we are building the most advanced graph database in the world: it’s horizontally scalable, synchronously replicated, transactional and distributed. While we are remote-friendly, we prefer candidates in our offices of San Francisco and Bengaluru.
We believe that the applications of the future will store their data as graphs, avoiding unnecessary complex transformations. We believe in open source, so all of our code can be found on GitHub
. We believe in our employees, so we provide extensive benefits including a budget for your education as well as a comprehensive health insurance plan. Finally, we believe in equality and inclusion, so you can bring the whole you to work no matter your gender, race, sexual orientation, or religion.
Dgraph Labs was started by ex-Google engineers and we recently announced our Series A funding
. We are a small team with a mission to build the world’s best graph database, and we need you to accomplish it!
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience presenting and speaking experience at meetups/conferences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely.
- Knowledge of databases and GraphQL is a big advantage.